We'll find course providers near you.


Your postcode
Not in Australia? Speak to an agent to learn more about studying in Australia.


Are you an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand citizen, or eligible Visa holder?


Are you currently employed?

Diversional Therapist Courses

A Diversional Therapist organises events or activities for people with specific needs. You might work with elderly people, people with a disability or people living in a care facility. Diversional Therapists might work with clients individually or they might cater to a large group of clients. Your activities might address social needs, physical issues or emotional needs.

Diversional Therapists should be understanding and have a strong knowledge of their clients’ needs. It’s important that you are patient and a good listener. A Diversional Therapist should be a good communicator and able to work with a wide range of people. You may have to work varied shifts including weekends and public holidays.

View all Courses

Popular Diversional Therapist Courses

There is one course available for people who want to become a Diversional Therapist.

Online, On Campus
More info

Frequently Asked Questions

How much do Diversional Therapists earn?

In Australia, a full time Diversional Therapist generally earns $1,150 per week ($60,000 annual salary) before tax. This is a median figure for full-time employees and should be considered a guide only. As you gain more experience can you expect a higher salary than people who are new to the industry.

What are the job opportunities for Diversional Therapists?

The number of people working as a Diversional Therapist has grown strongly in recent years. There are currently 7,800 people in this role in Australia compared to 3,700 five years ago. Diversional Therapists may work across all regions of Australia.

Source: Australian Government Labour Market Insights

How do I become a Diversional Therapist?

If you’re interested in becoming a Diversional Therapist, choose a course that best suits the industry you’d like to work in. Consider a Certificate IV in Ageing Support, a Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or a Certificate IV in Disability. These qualifications will give you the knowledge and skills to work with your clients in a range of settings.

Find a Course

We’ll find nearby campuses and check if you’re eligible for funding in your state.

View all Courses

Job Pathways

Here are some potential career pathways within aged care and disability. Click on an occupation to learn more about the role and the qualifications that can help you get started in this industry.

Career In