Types of personal information we collect and hold
The types of personal information that we collect includes but is not limited to: Your name, email address, phone number plus other contact details and courses that you’re interested in.
How we collect and hold personal information
In general, Courses does not collect your personal information, unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly during your dealings with us, including by way of:
- submitting your details to us via the Website
- selecting a course on the Website that is of interest to you
- when you sign up to receive information about our services (and related information) that may be of interest to you, and
- mail, email or telephone when you contact Courses to make an enquiry about Courses or our services.
Courses is committed to protecting the personal information we collect and hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information. However, no security system is impenetrable and no company, including us, can fully eliminate the security risks associated with personal information or electronic databases.
Purpose for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
If you select a course on the Website that is of interest to you, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party course provider to enable them to contact you directly regarding that course.
In general, your personal information is used for the following purposes by us:
- to enable us, our third party course providers, anyone that we may provide your information to, and any business that we may sell parts of the business to, to contact and communicate with you
- to enable us to provide you with our services
- so that you can take full advantage of our services,
- to respond to and resolve any query or complaint
- for internal administration, product research, evaluation and development, and quality control purposes
- to offer you additional information, opportunities and promotions from time to time, and
- for any other purposes required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order.
We may also provide your personal information to:
- third party service providers or affiliates within or outside of Australia who work on behalf of or with us to provide some of our administrative and other services, such as processing payments (such as credit card payments), and
- enforcement or regulatory authorities, within and outside of Australia, if required by law.
Access to and correction of personal information
You may request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concerns about privacy
If you have any concerns in relation to your privacy in your dealings with us or the Website, you should direct your concerns to us at email@example.com.
Policy last updated March 2017