Sorry, the eligibility check isn't quite ready yet.
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than six (6) months, OR a person who holds a visa that is identified as being eligible; AND
- at least 15 years of age; AND
- living or working in the ACT
- no longer at school; AND
- not enrolled in or a ending secondary school or college except where the student:
- is undertaking a course of study leading to completion of year 12 in an alternative program, or
- has an Exemption Certificate and the selected Skilled Capital qualification on is an approved ASBA pathway.
Skilled Capital provides eligible students from the ACT with government subsidised training from Certificate II through to Diploma level qualifications.
Focusing on two key areas, Skilled Capital aims to provide training in areas of the highest skills need in the ACT; and at the same time deliver a productive and highly skilled workforce which contributes to the economic future of the ACT.
ACT Skills Needs List
The ACT Skills Needs List identifies the skills needed within the ACT. Skilled Capital Funding for training up to diploma level in a variety of industries and professions are contained on the list. A number of certificate II level qualifications that provide a pathway to further training or employment also attract funding.
The number of training places available under Skilled Capital is capped for each qualification. Qualification caps may be adjusted throughout the initiative based on enrolment uptake, changing skills needs and budgetary constraints.
Support for Students
Skilled Capital also includes provisions for significant training support especially assisting students to successfully complete their qualification.
Students may be eligible to receive support in Foundation Skills, such as language, reading, writing, communication and numeracy skills. Additionally Skilled Capital has provisions for disability support, learning support or other identified support specific to individual circumstances.
Number of Qualifications Funded Per Student
Students are only funded for one Skilled Capital qualification at a time and will not be funded for a qualification they have already completed within the last seven years.
There are 26 courses approved for Skilled Capital government funding. These are the most popular courses.